- Legislation Affecting You
- Disability & Soc. Sec.
- Patient Advocacy
- Contact the Action Desk
- Volunteer at PHCentral
- Social Security Claims—What's in YOUR file?
- Alphabet Soup Spelled Out-(Where your disability c
- What's age got to do with it?
- Work and Social Security: (Yes! You can!)
- Legislation You Should Know About: DOT Mandate
- Social Security Claims—Making Your Efforts
IntroductionThere are steps you can take, things you can do to raise awareness locally and beyond about pulmonary hypertension. By showing your support for legislation to advance PH research and funding through emails, letters and phone calls or a visit to your congressional office you can raise awareness and put a name or a face to this disease. Or you can sponsor or man a table at a local health fair to get the word out in your community.
You can also affect your prognosis and treatment by becoming an engaged patient who advocates for the best care, chooses a doctor you can work with and prepares carefully to get the most out of your doctor visits.
Explore your options at PHCentral's Action Central.